Wednesday, February 13, 2013

All You Need Is Love (and a gift once in a while)

 My husband is a great guy!  He works hard to help provide for our family, he listen's to my long detailed stories, my hair brained ideas/opinions, he is a positive force in the lives of our kids and he is the best cuddler!  It's not unusual for my husband to make a late night run to fill my car up with gas, give a timely back rub, or a great unexpected hug...BUT he’s not Mr. Romantic!  I am confidant in his monogamous love for me, and I don't really need any big flashy gifts to have that proven.  BUT, the girly girl in me really wants the flowers, candy and dinner scenario once in a while.  

I realize that Valentine's day is just once a year and love can be shown at any time...but come on now!  It's marked out for a reason, it's the one time a year that all the gifts are all laid out for you, it's a no brainer!  Hell, they are even on sale!  Ease of purchase, lower cost, happiness all around!  Yes, flowers die.  But they look so pretty for a few days.  And candy is not healthy, but a little treat is nice.  


I did get flowers last year.  It was 3 roses in a very pretty ceramic pot.  I still have them, dried of course.  It was a start!  He has great potential to be a romantic I tell ya!  He has a heart as big as the world and a soft side he doesn't show often.  Somehow he got the idea that I didn't like flowers as gifts.  Whoa!!!!  I happen to LOVE flowers!  I just don't like them when given as make up gifts.  My ex did that, and I hated it!  He could be a total asshole and think a dozen roses would make him more tolerable, I DON'T THINK SO.  Flowers for special occasions are fabulous!  They lift a lady's spirit and excitement!  It makes them feel special to receive such a thoughtful gift.  Especially when the color is carefully chosen.  Sometimes you have to look beyond red guys!   

OK, I think I am starting to ramble here so I better just sum it up.  We don't have to have a gift on Valentine's Day, but it is nice!  Flowers on occasion are sweet, candy is always good.  Jewelry can be great too, and gives you a chance to put a lot of thought into it!   This however is not a great idea, very heartfelt and sweet, but not ideal...Just saying!  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment